12 June 2018
Tesco Liffey Valley Project
J.V Tierney & Co. are proud to have carried out the Full M&E Services on the newly opened Tesco Liffey Valley retail store, and Boulevard. The new build consists of 100,000 sq ft retail unit on stilts served by an entrance atrium with 5 smaller retail units (including Costa Coffee, Vision Express and a new Holland & Barrett), with a carpark underneath. The store also includes a raised service yard and Dot Com home delivery service with charging for 15 vans. Customers enter the store via a double lobbied atrium with travellators and lifts serving the 1st floor retail zone.
JVT provided full M&E design for the building and Boulevard including:
• LED lighting with DALI dimming control
• MV power distribution to rooftop transformer with integrated bund.
• Full electrical power distribution
• Protective service design including fire alarm, access control, CCTV and intruder alarm.
• HVAC design including Cold Aisle Retrieval (CAR) which removes cold air from the refrigerated aisles to maintain space temperature.
• LPHW design for boiler house serving AHU’s, air curtains, heaters and hot water systems.
• Water services design to staff facilities and customer café.
• Rain Water Harvesting for toilet facilities
The project delivery adopted a fast track approach so our M&E design included packaged plant solutions to be dropped onto a first floor structural deck allowing the M&E services plug directly into the building. Our packaged solutions include:
• Fully packaged air handling units with integrated DX cooling.
• Fully packaged boiler house with BMS control centre.
• Fully packaged water tank room and booster pumps.
• Fully packaged electrical switch room with remote metering of all sub distribution ways.
• Fully packaged refrigeration plantroom
• Canopy generator set.
The above works have contributed to the opening date for the store being pulled back from July 2018 to May 2018.
Electric Vehicle Charge Points in Carpark