20 September 2018
Goldcrest Village - NUIG Student Accommodation Substantial Completion
Goldcrest Village – NUIG Student Accommodation
J.V Tierney & Co. are proud to have worked on the Goldcrest Village Student Accommodation for our Client National University in Galway which reached substantial completion August 2018. J.V Tierney & Co. carried out the M&E Service Design for the 429 bed student residence. The Building Services provided under this project include the design and specification and tendering of:
- Energy efficient LED lighting throughout with environmentally sensitive controls/daylight/presence controls
- Energy Metering on all Heating Circuits and Electrical Consumer Units to Apartment Clusters, Landlord Distribution Boards, and Lifts.
- Fully addressable Fire Detection and Alarm System linked via resiliently routed backbone communications to a central control panel.
- Fibre Connectivity to NUIG ICT system via diverse routes.
- 10 No. Regenerative Drive Passenger Lift Installations.
- Centralised Building Energy Management System (BEMS)
- Electronic security control using Proxy Cards to operate doors, bedrooms, central services
- Full 3D BIM to Level 2
The residence boasts 3 models; 4 bed, 5 bed, and 6 bed apartments, which will add to the cohesive and collaborative nature of NUIG as a whole. Additionally to the accommodations the complex includes a shop, common room, self-services laundrette, and sports facility.
J.V Tierney & Co. delivered the highest quality design using the latest technologies and standards of sustainability including:
BER of A3 Rated
- All Bed and Living rooms have natural lighting and ventilation
- Air tightness and insulation level of 2.9m3/m2/hr@50Pa
- Energy efficient LED lighting design in accordance with CIBSE SLL Code for Lightingin all rooms and circulation spaces
Well done to our Clients NUIG, Coady Architects/FCB Studios, and Main Contractors J.J. Rhatigan, as well as our design and construction team colleagues.